Sunday, May 29, 2011

"It's obviiii we the ishhhh"

So ever since the new year has begun, I have been meaning to blog more. Also, since one of my resolutions was to be more grateful, I was hoping to have posted EVERY month about something I was exceptionally grateful for that month. I clearly failed hard. However, we are going to make up for it right now, because this is very important.





JANUARY- I was thankful for new beginnings. I'm not a huge fan of change, but I am a fan of getting to start something out fresh. :)



FEBRUARY- Well of course in February, I was thankful for love. It just seems right, plus I had a fantastic holiday.

MARCH- March marked the one year anniversary of me working at Bright Horizons, so I was grateful for my job. I am so blessed to work at a place that is so inviting. I get to run around (or crawl around) with little munchkins all day. And mostly I am SO LUCKY to have an incredible work family that has seen me through so much for only know each other for a year. I love them.

APRIL- In April, with it being Easter and all, I was grateful for my freedoms. It stemmed from my freedom to be able to worship whatever/whenever I want. But then I thought, I'm really thankful for all my freedoms. I can say, do, and write whatever I want. :) that means a lot to me.












So we come to MAY. Now May will forever be a very special month to me, however this year it holds a very new meaning.










I have been living in a three bedroom apartment in Mesa, when recently (like yesterday), I moved to a new apartment in Tempe. First and for most, moving is dumb and we should stop doing it. Second, I have had a huge realization that my life will never be the same after yesterday. So this May, (and honestly, every month before and every month after) I am grateful for DONTAE JAVON LOGAN and GINA RAE APSEY.



















It's funny because almost everyone that I know, I could tell you where we were or what was happening when I met them, but this is not the case for Ms. Gina Apsey. I know that we were in Junior High together and I know that she was in my church ward, but I am not sure what actually brought about our meeting one another (I'm going to feel like a super bad girlfriend if she remembers). However, I do know that since her and I have met, she has been nothing short of a miracle in my life. Whether we were writing all sorts of gossip in our notebook, staying up talking all night at slumber parties, or on the phone a bajillion miles away trying to help mend broken hearts, she has been there. I called her for every boy mishap, every family quarrel, every friend spat, and every first kiss <3 When she moved to Idaho, she very much broke my heart. She had always promised to move back and when I got back from Hawaii, it didn't look like a real possiblity. But, much to my surprise, it worked out (because we're meant to be). She is my very best friend, my rock, and I owe her my life.










[For a second, lets pretend like everyone can't read this? ]








G-baby,

For eight some odd years now, you've been my sister. You've seen me through everything and still stayed my friend. I can't think of much that we don't agree on and, although we may get on each others nerves sometimes, we never let it get in the way of what is important. We are the definition of chicks before d*cks. I may not tell you how much you mean to me, even though I tell you "i love you" like a million times a day. But you are pretty much perfect for me. I love that what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine. We never judge each other's choices, we may not always like what the other does, but we are each other's number one support. I hope you know how much you mean to me and that I am so grateful for you. You are the best squilfo, bestest buddy, ttc member, and lezzie love that a girl could ask for. <3 okayiloveyoubybye.
























Oh man, the stories I heard about the gay guy at Taylor Place before I got home from Hawaii were... well outrageous. I'll always remember meeting Dontae, it was my very first night hanging out in Phoenix since I had been home from Hawaii, and he was one of the girls the whole night. Then we didn't talk for a while and one night he came to play football with us. Now, it is hard living with anybody, but you would hope that you would at least live with your friends, you know? When Dontae was suggested as a possible roommate in 2009, I didn't really know what to think. However, in my eyes, there was never a better decision made than to give him that second bedroom. My life would not be half the amazing it is without the gayest man I know. In only a few short years, Dontae has gained more of my respect, trust, and love than most get in a lifetime. If you are in my life and don't know him, it is a terrible loss on your part.










[ready for yours?]









Dontae,
I don't really even know how to put into words how I feel about you. I'm almost positive you should start liking girls soon, cause we are nothing short of meant to be. Since the minute you became my roommate, you were my best friend. You've been there to hold me while I cried, yell at anyone who thought they had any business talking to me smart, or give me a swift kick the rear when I was completely slacking. Your honesty and bluntness amaze me. Now, I hope you know that I absolutely adore you. It has been nothing but a pleasure living with you and I hope that you don't fall off the face of the earth from me (like you sometimes do to your other friends) (and don't even say you don't because I have seen you ignore plenty of people because you didn't want to leave the house) and I am here to say that never will it be too much for me to come to you. You have been an angel in my life and I feel so blessed to have met you <3 i love youuuu sooooo much.


































Now here is something that everyone should know about the occupants of Apt. 1111. We should have had a video camera going the entire year we lived there. We are hands down the most outrageous people in half of your lives. We have loved, argued and partied. We had, first just weekends, then entire months of no pants wearing. We sang and danced EVERY single day. We drank our lives away, only to wake up with still no pants and eat some Dennys/Ihop. Even though we weren't always sure, we let each other's friends through the door and have created our own little family. We took way too many mirror pictures and were never really dressed. WE ARE, without a doubt, SOME OF THE RUDEST PEOPLE THE WORLD HAS BEHELD. (and a few of us were kinda slutty too [not me]:)) My very favorite part about us? Never, and I mean never, did we leave the house without telling each other we loved each other. I could never have lived with two other people and survived. No matter how hard any given day was, I went home to the loves of my life and I am the world's luckiest girl.




































Wondering why we aren't living together again? Well let me tell you what Dontae would say?
"BITCH AIN'T NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHY WE AIN'T LIVIN TOGETHER ANYMORE" :)











the truth is.... It's a whole bunch of things and nothing at the same time. I don't have an answer for you, so don't ask me.

What I do know? (and yes Dontae, I will learnt you somethinnnn)










I could never have asked for two better friends. I hope for the rest of our lives, we are there for each other. My husband will have to be in love with you, or he can go somewhere? My children will understand that even though Aunt Gina and Aunt Dontae don't really like kids, that they love them (and the kids will be okay). My sister's will forever love you both.



you both mean the whole world to me.
so may is especially for you, for us.













<3 i love you.

0 comments: